Friday, August 31, 2007

How the Monthly Art Challenges Work

I would like everyone to pause and thank Traesha for the wonderful job she does with the monthly art challenges. So much time and effort goes into each one. I asked her to describe the process for our benefit. Here's what she said:
The time consuming thing for me is setting up the Monthly challenge based on the theme chosen by the winner, writing it all up, submitting it to the God for approval, creating an image for the initial challenge and getting it all posted on the site. I usually have 3 days to get that all done, so sometimes it's a bit stressful due to the time guidelines. I usually check out the challenge arena once a day to field any questions or problems that arise. I give the artists 3 weeks to complete their renders and get them posted to the thread. I also try to create another render to submit to the challenge too. Then I set up a poll for the voting to begin and select the winner. Then, I contact the winner to find out what the next months theme will be and start the process all over again.

Thank you, Traesha!

2 comments:

Traesha/Kachinadoll said...

Aww, your welcome! I enjoy the challenge. It's a very relaxed challenge and we sure have a lot of fun. Such wonderful works of art have passed through my little spot on Mernac! Whoo Hoo!

Unknown said...

Yes, many lovely pieces. My favorite is still the penguins, but I did like your black and white fae picture as well. Keep up the great ideas.